February 25, 2009

boys

it is just settling in that I am going to have two sons. which brings the total number of boys in our house to three. and there's only one me. i'm feeling out numbered. and that i'll wake up one morning in the not so distant future and the "boys" will have used all my bobbie brown make up as war paint or something. and that my skirts will be turned into parashotes for life size GI Joe men. (is GI Joe even still around?) And that I'll slowly morph back into my girl-dressed-as-a-tom-boy, lost soul, bad hair self of the 90's.

then I dig a little deeper and remember that I was totaly void of guy friends growing up, i mean real friends. not just the ones that you were waiting to date. or dump. and kind of incapable of relating to the opposite sex on a healthy, mature, we're all humans you just have a penis, level. will this be different in parenting? will I be able to relate to all the stinky boys in my house? to be their biggest fan with out being the biggest nerd, wearing life size pictures of my child on my chest at football games. oh wait, my boys will not be playing football. WAY too dangerous! ...errrr....will I let my boys be boys? and help them grow into self assured, confident, loving men? oh I hope so!

1 comment:

Tiffany Lindsey said...

You are hysterical! Let me tell you from experience...the more boys the better! It is so fun, totally crazy at times and you are going to love it. And speaking of raising (or not raising) the guy's guy...as I was getting ready for a ballet class the other night Micah said, "Mommy I want to go to ballet class..." I'm still trying to decide what to do about that one....He does look awfully cute in tights!