November 19, 2008

resourceful

I was asked this week to use one word to describe myself. One word? Seriously? Surely as "complex" as I am it would take 1,000 words. And I would change them daily. As my moods change. As my identity changes (really my identity is in Christ and that never changes...but who I want to be here on earth, changes hourly, which is probably not healthy...add to the topics to discuss with my "mental helper"....when I make an appointment). Where was I?!?! Oh, one word. That describes me. So of course, in my identity lost way, I asked Jodie. :) She came back with all sorts of glowing praise type words. (One of the many reasons we're friends...and the same dress size). Sweet Jodie.

A few hours later I"m at a restaurant with my dear friend Karin. "Auntie Karin" as Ben calls her. He doesn't see her more than every other month or so, but seriously...he'll be playing or coloring and all the sudden look at me and say, "Auntie Karin?" Like when trying to explain that we were going to see Nana and Pop T this week, he just kept saying, "See Auntie Karin? See Auntie Karin?" It was love at first sight. Oh, and Karin held Ben for 2 hours asleep on his first plane flight. Maybe that was it? Anywho...we were at dinner Tuesday night. Hole in the wall Mexican place on the Island..no high chair. After 15 minutes of Ben all over the place, the floor, the table, our dinner....I instinctively grabbed the diaper bag, threw it over the seat of Ben's chair, with Ben seated in it and presto! A seat belt! That my friends....is "resourceful." (which was on Jodie's list) My new favorite word to describe myself. That and "desperate to eat tacos," but that's more than one word.

1 comment:

Jodie Mac said...

I like that you liked the word - it IS so you. Now I'm just trying to process why Ben doesn't love me as much as Aunt Karin.