August 31, 2009

no title

I have so many blog topics to cover this week it's overwhelming. So they are all getting lumped together.

I am too old and should not be shopping in stores that are not stroller friendly. I literally ran into a rack (strategically positioned to keep strollers OUT of the store!) and a sales person at Abercrombie and Fitch the other day. Why did I just admit that? Why was I even there? I was looking for a little something that would make me feel and look 10 years younger. But instead I only found things that made me look like I had two kids and some residual baby weight. Not surprising. Because I have two kids and some residual baby weight.

I use to have a habit of getting a chocolate donut at the grocery store and eating it while I shoped. But I had to break this habit last year b/c Ben starting expecting the donut (and shouting DONUT any time we drove by the grocery store) and demanding more than 1/2 of the donut. And I don't like to share. No really....they are not good for him. So we started getting a slice of cheese at the deli instead. But I shopped with out Ben today, and enjoyed my donut for old times sake. (and as I reread this I am realizing how poorly I ate today!) It should also be noted that I often forget to mention to the checker than I ate said donut and thus forget to pay for said donut. And I know this is stealing. And I don't feel good about it. So every once in a while, I tell the checker that I had 5 donuts and already at them. You know, to pay my tab per se. I will not tell you where I regularly grocery shop so I can not be busted for this.

Ben's first day of preschool is tomorrow. I have been having dreams / nightmares about it. That I forget to send him with something he needs, that I break some mom rule, am late picking him up....how can I have school (PRESCHOOL) anxiety? I have not been in school for YEARS. And I had to fill out all these official forms tonight (no time like the night before....I think they were suppose to be send in weeks ago!) listing info on his health, personality, development, etc. It felt too official. This IS different than the mom's morning out he went to all last year. I pretended that was just child care. And little kids can go to child care. But BIG kids go to pre school. And I have a big kid. And I need to pray for his friends. Lord, I pray for sweet kids and know and love you to surround Ben as he grows and learns for the next 16 years....and after. And I pray that if the woman he is going to marry is indeed in his preschool class tomorrow that we would get an adorable picture of the two of them for the rehearsal dinner video.

And I pray that Ben poops before we have to leave the house at 8:45 tomorrow morning. And I pray that I am not awkwardly early dropping him off tomorrow as I often am. And I pray that I remember his teacher's name. Miss Nicole. And I pray that he does not see me cry. And I'm pretty certain that he will not cry. Because he loves new situations and meeting new people, and toys and games and sand and friends....

And I pray that I will not be mad at Lyle when he wakes up hungry in the next 4-6 hours....because that's his world right now and my job is to meet his needs. And I pray that I love it even if it comes at 1 am and I mentally scheduled our middle of the night party for 3 am.

And I pray for this bible study that I am doing in the fall. Lord....it's all you.

No comments: