September 28, 2009

Birthday post

I really think all things in life are better when shared with a child. And I don't think it has to be your child. Any one will do. I just can't get enough of the curiosity, joy and laughter that is bundled up in a toddler. And right now it's my toddler. Oh he has his moments. But Ben is generally a joy to be around and I LOVE making everything special for him and creating wonderful experiences.

And I love my birthday. Really I love any day that I get to make fun...by planing lots of my favorite things. And enjoying each activity as a blessing. And it has been SO fun sharing it with him. I am actually more excited for him to help open presents, blow out candles, etc than I am.

Today we had a special pancake breakfast. Ben got to watch a little Dora (and when I say a little, I mean a little more than usual, which is way to much because he not only asks to watch Dora first thing in the morning, but he gets kind of salty when it's time to turn Dora off) so I could sip my coffee in peace. Everyone was happy. We went to the gym. Which Ben actually loves. And I got a great work out in. Then lunch with Gramma Dorie at one of Ben's favorite restaurants. Then nap time. Which Ben loathes and I LOVE. Sorry kido....it's MY birthday. Not yours. On your birthday, you can skip naps. But not today. This afternoon we are going to play at the park, then Greg is coming home early tonight with dinner and maybe I'll stick another candle in my taco! And Yoga with my friends at 7:30. Yay!!!! Great day.

No comments: