May 30, 2009

I curse My Gym....

Sounded like such a fun activity a few months ago. An outlet for Ben's endless energy. No rules. Just hard playing for an hour. Lots of kids. And things to jump on. And climb. Up and down. Ben has had so much fun and learned all sorts of new skills. Lots of climbing. Ladders and stairs and slides. Up and over. Railings. And bars. And I gleefully cheered him on as he mastered each challenge.

And now......these new "skills" have served him well today in mastering climbing out of his crib.

HOLY SCHNIKES!!! HE WILL NOT STAY IN IT. AND WILL NOT STAY IN HIS ROOM FOR NAP TIME. AND IS SO PROUD OF HIS NEW FOUND FREEDOM. EVEN AFTER SEVERAL (PAINFUL) CONSEQUENCES FOR LEAVING HIS ROOM AFTER BEING TOLD NOT TO. AND I'M HAVING ANOTHER BABY IN A MATTER OF WEEKS....OR DAYS. AND MY TWO YEAR OLD IS RUNNING FREE LIKE A CRAZY MAN AROUND THE HOUSE.

Sorry baby #2....but no My Gym for you!

Sunday morning update: Ben happily WALKED into our room this morning at 6:00 am. "Good morning dada. Good morning mama. I awake. I get out." Clearly son. So good to see you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany Lindsey said...

Oh I was just there with the twins last month. They were climbing into each others cribs and waking each other up. We tried the rail off/toddler bed thing and that didn't work either, they ended up sleeping together. So we put up a twin bed and now they sleep happily together all night long!!!! Crazy times....Good thing they don't know how to open the door yet!