September 18, 2008

little lives...lost

I have been pregnant three times. And have one precious baby. And two sweet souls that I do not know. It has taken a while, several months, for me to think about these two little lives this way. I mourned the loss of a pregnancy, the loss of the joy of carrying a baby to term, of delivering a new life and growing our family. But I had not mourned the loss of life.

Today, these little lives feel a part of me like any child would. Our souls connected through the undeniable bond of motherhood. And I miss them. I miss who they would be as I approach the due date of our second would be child. There will be babies born this week, and next, that I will know, and love, but not as my own. Lord, help me through this season. Help me to cherish life and not question death.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

1 comment:

Bronwen said...

this one made my heart achy. thanks for sharing it.