June 17, 2009

Decision

I have debated the last few weeks whether or not I want to be induced. The first time my Dr. mentioned it as an option at 39 weeks, I lept for joy, finally seeing a certain light at the end of the tunnel. But then quickly reconsidered, wanting to wait for God's (and our little one's) timing. But as the days have counted on, and the pain in some special places has become less and less bearable, I think it is time for us to meet our little one. At my appointment last week, my Dr. presented the induction as a necessary step because of my physical situation, rather than an option. So, that kind of sealed the deal.

But I'm still nervous. I have been praying daily, hourly, that I would go into labor before today. But no avail. Here I sit. Watching the clock....slowly approaching 10:00 when I can call the hospital and see if they are room for me. And Lord willing, if not today, then tomorrow. "Hotel" Hoag (Hospital) is a VERY popular place. Kind of like those VW Mini Van commercials claiming that people are procreating just to get a German Engineered mini van.....for REAL, people procreate in Orange County just so they can have an ocean view labor and delivery room in the newly remodeled maternity building. Although now that I think about it....all in, even after insurance pays their part, I think it's more expensive to have a baby than spend the weekend at the Montage in Laguna Beach. Which is sounding really good right now. That will go on the pro/con list for having a third child. That, and the unbearable pain in special places that apparently I get during pregnancy.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I hope it all goes great! Can't wait to see his picture and hear all about it!

Unknown said...

excited for you! and hope the pain is not as bad as anticipated by some miracle of the Lord :)
at least we always have the best damn sports moments to look forward to :)

Tiffany Lindsey said...

Linds I totally understand your pain in special places...I too endured that torture! I hope you were induced and they had room for you yesterday! I am waiting to hear and so excited for you!!!! and ben and greg!