June 29, 2009

Maternity jeans....

I've got them. I love them. I'm still wearing them. And so is my mom.

Funny. My mom has been in town for the last two weeks helping with....everything. Her special purpose is errand running. She's the best I know. And painting. Nothing artistic (sorry mom). Just good old indoor room painting. So far (in the last three years) she has helped me paint the office (green), Lyle's room (aqua and white) and most recently, the boy's bathroom (grey). And obviously she needs "painting clothes" for these projects. And always asks me for an old t-shirt and shorts or something to paint in. And being the (totally compulsive Goodwill giver) closet cleaner outer that I am....I don't really have many old clothes lying around. If they don't get worn, they get donated. Really, I make at least one trip to Goodwill each week with SOMETHING from my closet, the office, the garage....So when Nance asked me for old clothes to paint the bathroom in, the only thing I could find was a horrible pair of maternity capri jeans that I'd ordered on line from Old Navy that were never to be worn again. Regardless if we decide to have another baby (and don't even bother asking, Greg and I have not even thought about having that conversation, really, we have never talked about how many kids we want to have..we are just taking one at a time)...they were on their way out. So she sported the elastic waste band pants and loved them. And we got a kick out of the fact that at 62 she was wearing maternity jeans.

And I am still wearing maternity jeans. Because they are just so comfortable. Why ever go back to zipper and buttons when you can wear elastic?

Please someone call me out on this if I'm still wearing them come fall.

1 comment:

Tiffany Lindsey said...

Ok, I'm totally behind and catching up on your blog today. That is too funny!! I have to say, my last pair of maternity jeans were pretty darn comfy....looking forward to wearing them again soon!