July 2, 2009

Clothes line?

So....my dryer is on the fritz. Stops mid-drying. For no reason. Clothes wet. I start it again. Stops again when it's tired I guess. Clothes still wet. I've been micro managing it for days now. Restarting 5-10 times for each load. This is ridiculous. Doesn't it KNOW I have a newborn with ENDLESS dirty laundry? And since my little peanut is only 7 lbs. (weighed at the Dr. today!), he's still to small for most of his clothes. So we're rotating 4 newborn onsies. And he spits up on all 4 of them everyday. And several burp clothes, blankets, shirts of mine, etc.

So I'm contemplating fashioning a clothes line in the back yard. Or the front yard for that matter. To capitalize on the early morning sun? If the neighbors can park an RV in their drive way, why can't I dry my clothes? I'll take pictures once it's up and running.

Until then, we'll all be smelling like spit up around here. Awesome.

On a side note, I'm totally use to random house / appliance malfunctions with our 50 year old house and all. There is always something. But my dryer....only 4 years old. Still looks brand new. Oh I was SOOOO excited about a new washer and dryer when we bought them. Lucky for me Sears is coming to take a look at this problem on July 10th. SERIOUSLY!??!?!? JULY 10th?!?!?! There was no where on the service request form for me to note that I HAVE A NEWBORN AND EVERYTHING SMELLS LIKE SPIT UP. Actually lucky for me it's warm this week...Lyle will be wearing just diapers. And I'm going to make bibs out of paper towels. Right after I hang the clothes line.

No comments: