July 29, 2009

GFC

Our family (rarely b/c someone is ALWAYS FREAKING SICK) attends a small, Christian church in our neighborhood. I don't want to tell you the name because well, it's out little secret church. Let's just call if GFC. And as much as I try to force "sharing" on Ben, I don't share well myself. Especially the really good stuff in my life. And frankly, there's not really room for you. We're out of chairs. And if you did come, you might try to sit in "my seat." And that would not be good. And we welcome visitors. But just visit once. We don't really want to grow our family too big. Because what if you don't agree with everything we believe in? Or you want to challenge something? That will just cause trouble.* And don't even mention "two services." So wrong.

So...we have gone there for years. And love it. I mean really love it. As in when we were thinking of moving to Texas, GFC was at the very top of my list of reasons NEVER TO LEAVE CALIFORNIA. And in the past few weeks, I have loved it even more.

1. The dinner fairy (as Ben called them) visited us three nights a week for 4 weeks after Lyle was born. As in, the sweetest women in the world from GFC cooked up the tastiest meals in the world (think steak, and fresh roasted chicken and biscuits, and salad and fruit salad and organic veggies) and delivered them to my house in the most creative to go packaging in the world, and saved my world because I didn't have to cook for a month. Meals. And left overs. And dessert. Lots of dessert!
2. We attended a baby dedication for a GFC friend last weekend and it was outside, and there was a bounce house. Need I say more? I don't think so. But I will. There was all sorts of tasty food and dessert!
3. I have been taking Ben to GFC one morning a week and utilizing the women's bible study child care, and not doing the bible study. I think this is illegal. But they have not kicked Ben to the curb yet. He's happy and full on fishy crackers when I come pick him up.
4. My husband came home from the men's retreat with a 1/2 empty bottle of triple sec. I don't ask questions. But margaritas are always on the "pro" list for me.
5. Snow cone machine outside church last Sunday. Ben commandeered the flavor bottles. Rainbow madness. All over himself.

Not to mention (but I will)
The best biblical, life application, (with humor!) teaching ever.
Amazing friends and fellowship.
Loving child care.

* Please note these views are mine alone and do not represent the views of unnamed "church."

No comments: