July 3, 2009

Strategy

Greg is a crazy sports fan. And not a sit on the couch drinking beer watching only football all day sports fan. He has this love for the strategy of each and every sport that is mind boggling. Cycling. Soccer. Tennis. Triathlon. You name it. He loves to watch it. Read about it. Talk about it. Tell me about it. Really, he will spend hours (if I let him) explaining the finer points of each of these sports with me. The offense. And defense. In cycling? Really? I have no idea how there is room in his brain for all this information.

This week is was soccer. We were watching some international cup game of sorts. And somehow Greg knows all the players, coaches, background, records, etc. When I have not seen him watch another soccer game in at least a year. How does he stay current? I have no idea. But I digress.

Sports....strategy. Well, we need a strategy....for raising (surviving) our two boys. And we need it fast. Or they are going to figure out that they have us. They will totally have us beat. Ben already knows my weaknesses. And he taunts me with them. He knows I have no patience. And I think he actually enjoys seeing me start to convulse as he dilly dallies getting into his car seat for instance. Drives me crazy. And he knows how to push Greg's buttons. Especially after a long day at work. And I'm sure he's sharing all this information with Lyle when I"m not looking. Not that I would leave them alone and unattended together...with Ben's desperate desire to "hold him...I hold him" all the time.

I'm sweating just thinking about it. Game on boys. Game on!

1 comment:

Tiffany Lindsey said...

oh the car seat battles...I'm going through it right now times two! Sometimes I feel like I'm going to injure them with my WWF elbow to the crotch maneuvers! They won't bend, literally! It's a battle of wills....