July 12, 2009

my clothes are still wet

in case you were wondering...and dieing for an update on the dryer situation. the sears guy came on friday and for $70, in three minutes he told me it was going to cost $322 to fix my dryer and he did not have the part with him, so if i did in fact want to spend that (RICIDULOUS) amount of money to fix my (BASICALLY BRAND NEW...4 year old dryer) i would need to call sears and order the part and reschedule someone else to come fix it...in approximately 10 days. awesome. since my baby and everything he owns smells like spit up and i have exactly two articles of clothing (that smell like spit up) that fit my AWESOME postpartum body. and i think postpartum bodies are what lead to postpartum depression. (not really. i totally know it is a VERY REAL and very serious state. i was just trying to be funny. and i hope i don't offend people when i am trying to be funny. i hope you are not offended.) and the fact that my baby smells like spit up is really my fault. who has time to bathe a newborn? but i digress. my favorite thing to do when writing.

so....greg and i went to sears on friday night to buy a NEW dryer. b/c it was SO FREAKNG expensive to fix the one we've got. and not that much more $ to get a new one. so we're at sears, and i'm tired, and annoyed. b/c if you read my blog (which obviously you do) you know how much i HATE spending money on things that are 1)not pretty, 2) not planned for, or 3) not something to make me feel better about my postpartum body. and it was late and i was tired, because i have a (PRECIOUS, PERFECT newborn...that smells like spit up.) so we buy the dryer. (actually it wasn't that easy. friday night i bought a cheaper dryer than my current broken one, but it was not going to "match" my washer. but it was old school and less likely to break like my current one did. and i was ok with this decision, until the 2 am....or maybe 5 am feeding of lyle saturday morning at which point i (can you be vein about your appliances...in your garage?) i decided i couldn't live with a cheaper (just by $75) dryer that didn't match my washer. so i went BACK TO SEARS saturday morning and changed my order. i think this reveals a lot about my character...flaws. go ahead and judge me.

and they were all set to deliver today. and we'd planned to take greg's parents and the kids (i love saying "the kids") to LA to go to the Farmers Market and Grove....during the delivery window of course. so (SO AMAZING I DON'T EVEN HAVE WORDS B/C SHE HAS BEEN DOING MY LAUNDRY FOR TWO WEEKS B/C MY DRYER IS BROKEN AND THAT INCLUDES PICKING IT UP AND DROPPING IT OFF ALL FOLDED NICE) gramma dorie volunteered to wait at our house for the delivery guys. with my new (matching) dryer.

so we went to LA...and came home....only to discover that i'd ordered an "electric" dryer and we have a gas hook up. HOLY MOTHER......F.........

no dryer.

back to sears tomorrow.

to order the correct dryer.

praying they will give me the sale price....for the sale that ended saturday.

please lord?

dry clothes?

it should be noted that someone that lives in my house and loves me told me that we had an electric dryer. he does not remember saying this last week. but i assure you...he did. and that is why i ordered an electric one. that, and i had no idea how to tell (by looking at the hook up) that we had a gas dryer. but now i know.

it should also be noted that not having a dryer is my attempt to "go green." inspired by jodie: the one car family wonder!

it should also be noted that it is WAY past my bedtime and i will be a post partum mess tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To Lindsay,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares escalations team. I am sorry to hear about your dryer failing on you. I hope all is going well with the delivery of the new dryer. We hate to see appliances fail in such a short time, and we might be able to help with a discount or some other option for the inconveniences you have suffered. At your convenience, please contact our office at searscares@searshc.com so that we can talk more about what we can do to help. When you have a moment, please send an email. Please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please provide the screen name (Lindsay) for reference to this issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,

Brian J.
Senior Case Manager
Sears Cares

Jodie Mac said...

I was too excited for you and couldn't go back to sleep. Bring on the free swag Sears... you now need to TOTALLY brand name drop and provide links to said brands sites. And split everything with me since we are a 1-car family. Didn't know I was getting a shout out. Thanks.